Makita 18V LXT® Li‑Ion Brushless Cordless Quick‑Shift Mode™ 4‑Speed Impact Driver, Tool Only
- 3.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category, and the 18V LXT® Brushless 4-Speed Impact Driver (XDT16Z) sets new standards. The XDT16Z offers users four speeds, as well as Makita’s exclusive Quick-Shift Mode™ for increased fastening control. Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision setting is Tightening Mode (T-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work. The XDT16Z delivers industry-leading performance in a compact and ergonomic design.
Added features include the one-touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck, which enables one-handed speed changes, and reverse rotation auto-stop mode which stops rotation and impact when the fastener is loosened adequately to help prevent over-loosening and dropped fasteners.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT® system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18V LXT® batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 3,600 Max RPM and 1,600 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- 4-speed power selection (0-1,100/ 0-2,100/ 0-3,200/ 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100/ 0-2,600/ 0-3,600/ 0-3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Additional one-touch 4-speed power selector button under the chuck for added convenience
- Assist Mode (A-mode) feature helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins
- Two Tightening Modes (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws in thick or thin gauge metal; helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece
- Reverse rotation auto-stop mode stops rotation and impact when fastener is loosened adequately
- Built-in L.E.D. lights on both sides helps eliminate shadows and illuminate a larger area
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-9/16" long
- Weighs only 3.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism is manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Power Type : Cordless
- Hex Shank : 1/4"
- Speed power selection : 4
- No Load Speed (var. 4 spd.) : 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,100 / 0 - 3,200 / 0 - 3,600 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute (var. 4 spd.) : 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,600 / 0 - 3,600 / 0 - 3,800 IPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs.) : 1,600 in.lbs.
- Overall Length : 4-9/16"
- Net Weight (without battery) : 1.9 lbs.
- Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
- Motor Type : Brushless