Makita 18V LXT® Li‑Ion Cordless 16 Gauge Nibbler, Tool Only
- 5.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 16 Gauge Nibbler (model XNJ01Z, tool only) provides contractors with another 18V LXT® metal cutting solution. The XNJ01Z is engineered for cutting corrugate metal roof decking, sheet metal, and stainless steel, and it will do the job without the cord. It is ideal for metal roofing and decking contractors, HVAC, and metal fab shop work.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XNJ01Z is powered by a Makita-built motor that delivers 1,900 strokes-per-minute (SPM) for fast and smooth cutting. The die holder rotates 360° to meet the demands of the cutting direction, with a cutting radius of 1-3/4” (inner edge) and 2” (outer edge). When cutting, the metal chips are conveniently disposed below the cutting material, which helps prevent damage to the work surface.
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,900 SPM for faster and smooth cutting
- Ideal for cutting roofing sheet metal at thicknesses up to 16 gauge
- Die holder rotates 360° to meet demands of cutting direction
- Convenient chip disposal is below cutting material to minimize damage to cutting surface
- Cutting radius: inner edge 1-3/4”; outer edge 2”
- Battery capacity warning system turns light solid red and automatically stops motor to notify user that battery needs to be replaced (battery and charger sold separately)
- Anti-restart protection prevents motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Rubberized soft grip for improved comfort
- Lock-on sliding switch for continuous operation
- Built-in thickness gauge for convenience
- Externally accessible carbon brushes for greater serviceability
- Easy punch and die replacement for reduced down time on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Capacity (aluminum, ga.) : 12 ga.
- Capacity (mild steel, ga.) : 16 ga.
- Capacity (stainless, ga.) : 18 ga.
- Cutting Radius (inner edge) : 1-3/4"
- Cutting Radius (outer edge) : 2"
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 1,900 SPM
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 12-3/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 4.8 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Type (Shears & Nibblers) : Nibbler
- Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
- Motor Type : Brushed