Makita 18v LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 5‑7/8" Metal Cutting Saw w/Electric Brake & Chip Collector (Tool Only) XSC04Z
- 8.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
The 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless 5-7/8” Metal Cutting Saw delivers faster metal cutting through Unistrut®, all thread, channel, corrugated, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, steel and more. With a full 2-1/4" cutting capacity, it is ideal for electrical contractors as it will cut 2” conduit in one pass – a huge time saver. It includes a transparent chip collector box to capture cutting debris. The brushless motor is engineered for efficiency, and in run-time testing the Saw made up to 125 cuts per charge in 1” SCH 40 pipe using an 18V 5.0Ah battery.
Makita offers optimum 5-7/8" blade options for use with the XSC02M: 32T carbide tipped for metal and general purpose; 52T for thin metal; 52T for aluminum; and 60T for stainless steel (all sold separately).
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powerful BL™ Brushless Motor Delivers up to 125 cuts per charge in 1” SCH 40 Pipe using an 18V LXT® 5.0Ah Battery
- Up to 2-1/4" cutting depth in various metal materials including thread rod, channel strut, conduit, pipe, square tubing, sheet metal and more
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 4,200 RPM
- Transparent chip collector box captures debris produced while cutting and provides needed visibility in determining need for disposal
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Trigger switch with two stage lock-off requires two actions to power the saw
- Battery side-loads providing a more compact design at only 10-1/2" long for easier use in constrained spaces
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off illuminates the cutting line at the front of the saw
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Stainless steel base reduces chip build-up to prevent surface damage
- On-board wrench storage for operator convenience
- Weighs only 6.8 lbs. with 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Integrated battery charge light indicator allows user to monitor battery charge level (batteries not included)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Blade Diameter : 5-7/8"
- Arbor : 5/8"
- Max. Cutting Depth : 2-1/4"
- No Load Speed : 4,200 RPM
- Electric Brake : Yes
- Dust Collection : Yes
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 10-1/2"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 6.8 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- (1) 5-7/8" 32T Carbide Tipped Blade
- (1) Hex Wrench
- (1) Safety Goggle