CMT 16 piece Forstner Bit Set 537.000.16
- 5.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
CMT offers a wide range of forstner bits in the most popular diameters. The high performance stagger tooth design on the bits with larger diameters allows for sharp holes with straight sides and flat bottoms. Used to drill precise flat bottom holes with no chipping in any softwood thickness. This set includes the following sizes: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1-1/8", 1-1/4", 1-3/8", 1-1/2", 1-5/8", 1-3/4", 1-7/8", 2", 2-1/8".
- Super strength SP steel.
- Precision balanced centre point.
- 2 spurs (V2).
- 2 precision ground cutting edges (Z2).
- Long-lasting cutting performance.
Tips and Warnings:
- Making repeated shallow cuts and allowing the bit to cool for two or three seconds between passes will increase the life of your bit. Overheating caused by chip buildup or constant contact with the cutting surface will remove the temper from the bit’s cutting edges.
- You can also extend the life of your bits by not exceeding the maximum speed recommended for the type of wood. Applying excessive force to the bit while drilling will also cause overheating.
- Remove all the chips from the previous hole before boring a second or subsequent hole when mortising.
- Small Forstner bits can be used in a hand drill, but the results are usually less than satisfactory. Using bits larger than 19mm (3/4”) in a hand drill can cause injury when the bit hangs on an imperfection in the wood.
- Always wear proper eye and hearing protection when working with power tools.